Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

My GoPro Hero 9 screen is flickering

[ New ]

My GoPro Hero 9 screen is flickering, cannot display anything. What can I do, I bought from GoPro.com. 27 September 2020

Hiker

Re: My GoPro Hero 9 screen is flickering

[ New ]
I tried to contact your staff. Unfortunately, there was no response. I was waiting in the Support page.
Nomad

[ New ]

Have you tried holding down both the mode and shutter buttons at the same time for 20 to 30 seconds? When you do this it resets the camera. You should see the rear LED blink once after you release the buttons. Then try turning it back on.

I had a similar issue and this resolved it.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks, but it didn't work.

I can see the color lines on the screen, I think the connection of the display had some problems

Nomad

[ New ]

And has the firmware been updated? 

Manually updating the firmware on the camera could potentially fix errors like this... but if it is a connection issue, they should replace it I would think...

Hiker

[ New ]
How can I replace it
Hiker

[ New ]
Help
Tourist

[ New ]

This is happening to my GoPro Hero 9 out of the sudden as well! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @jiajiam1743k. What seems to be the issue? Has your HERO9 Black been having the flicker issue since you got it? Was there a recent change/update on the camera that may have caused such an issue? Is the flickering on your camera always observed? Does it matter what the camera is doing? 

Hiker

[ New ]

It's me. Thinks for your reply. Last time I used GoPro was Christmas last year. There was no problem. Unfortunately, I tried to open my GoPro and watch the footages. My screen show nothing and started to flickering. I had never updated anything since last year.

GoPro

[ New ]

@adeptexper16381, if manually reinstalling the camera's firmware doesn't help, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]

photo_2021-04-07_17-42-06.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @adeptexper16381

We were able to pull the case and see that Support has tried to reach out but was not able to get through.

The callback request is back in the queue. 

Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Same thing with my new GoPro Hero 9 - firmware is 1.52. So, unless there is another new firmware.  Symptom started after transferring pictures (which is also another issue) toi my iMac (2012) with latest OS etc.  Not stating it is associated to this procedure but throwing out their incase others were performing this task to.  It was connected for several hours as the camera was NOT successful in

Very aggravating as this will be the heart of my Hawaiian trip!!  Copying pictures/videos is another product problem.  Simple task, yet when attempting to import "all" it starts to look like its working, bit nothing copies.  Manually, I could move several at a time.  Also, some files had no picture, just a blank looking image?  What the….come on GP!!!  QA testing is critical….

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @drlette

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Support had me download and manually reinstall 1.52. It did improve it but not fix it! It's not related to SD card, possibly firmware....and can be hardware related . Heat during file transfer?

it's only few months old and used 3 times.......RMA NUMBER issued so let's hope quality control engineers identified this and engineering fixed!!! 

customers should be part of alpha/beta testing phases to help weed out other environments that QA can't test in time....

Sightseer

Rif.: My GoPro Hero 9 screen is flickering

[ New ]

Ho il solito problema dopo vari tentativi dove la fotocamera non è riuscita tramite app a convertire un video da esportare ho visto che si era scaldata e aveva iniziato a fare del flickering sullo schermo principale soprattutto quando aumenta la luce esterna, lo fa sia a caldo che a freddo, provato ad aggiornare manualmente il software al 1.6 ma non è cambiato, provato con diverse batterie e schede sd nulla da fare, proverò domani a contattare il supporto clienti...l'ho usata tipo 6-7 volte non mi aspettavo ci fossero simili problemi da subito

GoPro

Re: Rif.: My GoPro Hero 9 screen is flickering

[ New ]

Hi @moncio93

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej