Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

My GoPro Hero 6 Black will turn on only when plugged in with external power source.

[ Edited ]

Hi

My GoPro Hero 6 Black will turn on only when plugged in with external power source.

this started happing after i exhausted one battery and incerted a fresh 100% charged battery. after which the gopro is not turning on under battery power, no sounds, no beeps, no leds.

the momemt i plug the gopro into a wall charger or a laptop the gopro blinks the red leds only once. after which i ca switch on the gopro using the mode switch. 

if i try to manual update the camer say "Battery too low for update"

also

the battery icon is replaced with a 2 pin plug with the wire around it 

Please HELP!

Gopro HEro 6 Battery.jpg
GoPro

Re: Gopro 5 session only runs with plugged in (external) power

Hello @superdusk34231. See if there could be something lodged in the battery connectors in the battery compartment that might be preventing full contact between the battery and the camera. Since a manual update is not possible when the battery level is too low, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Tourist

Re: My GoPro Hero 6 Black will turn on only when plugged in with external power source.

Hi @mariustanya thanks for reply, as far as I'd seen the campartment all 4 pins were clear of debris/dirt . But I'll still have a look.