10-20-2018 02:31 PM
My GoPro Hero 3+ does not connect to my smartphone since many years ago[ New ]
Many years ago, I bought a Hero 3+. When I tried to connect my smartphone to the GoPro Wi-Fi, it can't. I have tried to update the firmware, the Wi-Fi settings and I have tried with other devices, but all of then shows an error which says that I can connect them to the GoPro.
Can someone help me, please?
10-20-2018 03:07 PM
Re: My GoPro Hero 3+ does not connect to my smartphone since many years ago[ New ]
Does the Wi-Fi name get detected by the devices you have tried?
Here are the steps in pairing your camera to your phone.
- Open the GoPro App:
- From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
- Tap "HERO3+ / 3 / 2."
- Pick up your camera:
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the left of the camera as the lens is facing you.
- Press the Wi-Fi button again and look at the camera's LCD screen to see the Wi-Fi option. Now press the Shutter button.
- Press the camera's front Power button to highlight "GoPro App", and then press the Shutter button to select it. You will see a blinking blue light indicating that Wi-Fi is On.
- Note – if you don’t see “GoPro App” in the camera menu along with “Wi-Fi RC”, you need to update your camera’s software before you can pair to the GoPro App. Update your HERO3 software here: https://gopro.com/update.
- Go back to the GoPro App:
- On your device, tap "Continue."
- Go to "Settings" and then "Wi-Fi" to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network. Find the name of your camera listed in your available Wi-Fi networks. If you've never changed the camera name or Wi-Fi password the default password should be "goprohero".
- Once connected to your camera’s Wi-Fi network, go back to the GoPro App and you should be all set!
- You will be prompted to create a new camera name and password and click "Apply Settings."
- iOS users: Go back to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your new camera name, enter the password, then return to the app.
If this is still not working, you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID or the Wi-Fi name on your phone's connection settings.
If all else fails, it could already be on the hardware.
Reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.