03-05-2019 10:20 AM
Now it won't charge (no red light indication) when I connect it to the Wall USB Charger. Even after a few hours, the camera won't turn on
I tried taking out the battery and reinserting it, but it didn't help.
What can be done?
Do I need to buy a new battery?
03-05-2019 10:44 AM
Please go over these steps to get your camera to power back on. Disconnect any BacPac accessories or cables from the camera and also remove the camera's battery and microSD card.
- Please reinsert the battery into the camera, then use the GoPro USB cable to connect your camera to a USB port directly on your computer or to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A.
- Once connected to a charging source, you should see a red LED light up on the front of your camera within no more than a couple of minutes. If you do not see a red LED illuminate on the front of your camera within 1-2 minutes, please try using a different USB cable and USB port or charger. If you are unable to get the front red LED to illuminate with multiple known-good charging sources, please let me know if you happen to see any of the other red LEDs light up anywhere on the camera.
- Once you have the front red LED lit up, firmly press and release the Power button, and camera should power ON. If you cannot get the camera to power ON with this battery, please try using another battery for this test if you happen to have one available to you.
- If your camera powers ON with a different battery, then it's likely that your other battery is very low on charge, or has perhaps reached the end of its life. Follow step #6 for charging the battery that was able to power the camera ON.
- If do not have a secondary battery to try, please remove the battery in the camera and then connect the unit to your charging source (USB port directly on your computer, or 5V 1A wall charger). Although the red LED will not illuminate, try pressing the Power Button to see if the camera is able to power on.
- Disconnect your camera from the USB cable and remove the battery (if present), then reinsert the battery into your camera once more, then follow our recommended charging procedure.
Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.