Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

My Go pro beeps when power is off

[ Edited ]

It just start happen today, when my gopro powered off(like after use it turn it off and let it sit on my desk), for the random of time, it beeps itself, like the same beeps when you power off the gropro. I try to tap the screen to see if it realy off, it was. And I try to power on then turn it off and let it sit for a while it beeps again.

ps.all the buttons are free, not jamed. not any quick shot video were taken

wondering what is going on, it creep me out.

Anything will help, thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: My Go pro beeps when power is off

@zunol0 - The most likely explanation is that the camera is still in a standby mode with wifi still on. In that situation, the camera can reactivate as it pings looking for a smartphone to connect to. Turning off the wifi connection when you're done using the camera for the day is one way to prevent that (and to save your battery).

Another thing that could be happening here is that if the camera is in standby mode, the camera could be hearing background conversations that are triggering the voice commands functions. Again, turning off the wifi and making sure that the camera is fully shut down can help prevent that from happening.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: My Go pro beeps when power is off

@zunol0 - The most likely explanation is that the camera is still in a standby mode with wifi still on. In that situation, the camera can reactivate as it pings looking for a smartphone to connect to. Turning off the wifi connection when you're done using the camera for the day is one way to prevent that (and to save your battery).

Another thing that could be happening here is that if the camera is in standby mode, the camera could be hearing background conversations that are triggering the voice commands functions. Again, turning off the wifi and making sure that the camera is fully shut down can help prevent that from happening.

Thanks,

Jeff