Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Motorcycle communication unit and GoPro

I am getting pretty close to what I need on my setup, but just slightly shy of what I am trying to do. I want to make my Hero8 Black record audio from a Cardo Packtalk com unit, recording both the input from the mic as well as the output of the speaker/headset. The Cardo Packtalk has a 3.5mm output for the speakers, and has an input for the mic that looks like the following image:

IMG_3306.jpg

What I want to know is how can I pull in audio and input from the mic line above and speaker/headset (3.5mm) respectively into my GoPro. I want to essentially have audio from my headset (which includes music, phone calls, and other people speaking to me over a communication unit) and input from my own voice used as the recording in the videos I record.

The closest I have gotten is to split the line using a splitter and put two lavelier mics in my helmet, one in same place as my com unit's mic and another near the headset speaker/headset output.