Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Moisture in Hero 8 lens

[ New ]

I found fog/moisture in GoPro 8 lens, never used in water even, which is very disappointing for me. Is this a manufacturing defect?? How to resolve this, Sld it be replaced??? 

Adventurer

Re: Moisture in Hero 8 lens

[ New ]

Moisture :  how hot was it the day you shot, the    humidity was it high, did youome from a  AC room directly to the heat?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @activecave60840. Here are a few things that you can try to get rid of or prevent fogging in the camera. 

Ensure that the camera is in a dry, clean area and remove the battery. Leave both the battery door open to allow air to circulate through the camera. If possible, allow the unit to dry in an air-conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% humidity) until signs of fogging have dissipated. 

When using the camera, QuikCapture (accessible in the camera's Settings/Preferences menu) is also a great feature to help prevent fogging. This feature will have the camera automatically fully power off when stopping recording. When the camera is powered off, it will not be generating heat which can contribute fogging.

Tourist

[ New ]

So, there is no permanent solution for this? Every time I have to do this manual process?? Then what will happen when I will shot under the water(for which I prefer GoPro for its perfectness over OSMO Action as I heard some issue in OSMO)? As per ur explanation, I have to do the same process inside the water even, to match the temp inside and outside?? 

So, this is happening to each and every Hero GoPro 8??? 

Kindly suggest.

Tourist

[ New ]

Humidity I couldn't recall, but no AC room scenario. Its a normal vlogging and I saw after some time the moisture was on the inside lens. but How moisture got inside the leans compartment?? Is there any leak?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

How did the moisture get inside the lens compartment? Should it not be airtight? Or is this the moisture held inside at the time of manufacturing?? 

Tourist

[ New ]
J ai également ce problème,
J avoue que je me pose la même question que toi, concernant la buée au niveau de la lentille
Est ce que cette condensation peut provoquer un cours circuit au point d endommager les composants électroniques dedans ?

J ai du mettre des petits sticks anti humidité ( comme pour les caissons étanches), pour chasser l humidité.... c est quand même bizarre que ça chauffe autan !!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @julien260 @activecave60840

If you continue to get the same after the steps suggested above, let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej