Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Mode changes

Aloha all,

This is a wonderful camera but is very very new to me. I'm trying to become comfortable with it's functions but have a few struggles. My "Hero 8" is in photo mode and I can't get it back to video mode. I was previously in video mode and in screwing around with it got to photo mode. Now, I don't know how to get back. Can someone please help.

I get to the screen where the camera icon is in the blue dot with the video icon is just left of it. I try swiping it over to the video icon but nothing. I try tapping the video icon but again nothing. What am I missing?

Mahalo for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Mode changes

Quick capture:  remembers the last  video setting. every time you press quick capture if you were in standard video that iswhat you will be on.  If you LONG press it you will be in timewarp or  phot timelapse. quick capture  has two settings what I am saying. the Down side is on video you have no clue what its doing when recording of the  profile at all.

Mode On will set to whatever you personally assigned it that  you do in  the  Prefreence screen under general  and Mode default.  you have the Option to  have it on the Last setting to Photo mode and more the Mode is a two stage  button it will act as a Highlight when in record ing a video so at any given time you see something OUT OF THIS WORLD  and you have no clue the world to  use that feature. because in quick it will remember whre that HIGHLIGHT is and that is how you  find those awesomeshots.

So if you are stuck in photo, that should help get you  out of it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Adventurer

Quick capture:  remembers the last  video setting. every time you press quick capture if you were in standard video that iswhat you will be on.  If you LONG press it you will be in timewarp or  phot timelapse. quick capture  has two settings what I am saying. the Down side is on video you have no clue what its doing when recording of the  profile at all.

Mode On will set to whatever you personally assigned it that  you do in  the  Prefreence screen under general  and Mode default.  you have the Option to  have it on the Last setting to Photo mode and more the Mode is a two stage  button it will act as a Highlight when in record ing a video so at any given time you see something OUT OF THIS WORLD  and you have no clue the world to  use that feature. because in quick it will remember whre that HIGHLIGHT is and that is how you  find those awesomeshots.

So if you are stuck in photo, that should help get you  out of it.

Highlighted
Tourist

Aloha Mr. Fishycomics,

Thanks for your help. I should've known it would be something really simple.

Mahalo,

btw, "foggyoasis3025" is an ID that was given to me by the kind folks at Go Pro. I will eventually change it to something more appropriate. Truth be told, the moniker is kinda starting to grow on me. heh heh

Highlighted
Adventurer

glad 2 help took me  time to understand these new magical settings myself.  just remember to double check.   Peace.

do the name change in the profile if not get to a rep here they may direct to  show you how.