Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Missing video frames with Hero 8 and Hero 7

Hello, I have a Hero 5 Session, a Hero 5 Black and a Hero 6 Black. With none of these I had the following problem. In the video files of the Hero 7 Black and the Hero 8 Black some frames are missing. You can see this in the example file below, when you go through the video frame by frame. Then you see at some point (approx. frame 90) no difference between the frame and its following frame. I tried several SD cards which all work on my other GoPros but not in the 7 and 8.

It happens at least with 4K/30p/Wide without Hypersmooth. The rest is at standard settings. I did not try it at any other settings.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0ZhPgLa_HTVYgjq7lOxQ1FnIQ#GH010023

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Missing video frames with Hero 8 and Hero 7

Hi @mariojoerres,

Do you have other sample file?

I tried playing it and seems like there is no frame drop or missing frames.

Also may I know what device are you using and SD card brand and model?

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

No, at the moment, I have no other sample file. I am using a SanDisk SD card 128 GB that is listed at the GoPro website. I can see the frame drop in the Gopro application on the mac, in QuickTimePlayer and in VLC
Highlighted
Hiker

If you import the video file into Final Cut Pro (for example), you can see that there is no difference between the frames 88 and 89.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-02 um 21.06.00.png
Highlighted
GoPro

We'll try to check that using those software @mariojoerres.

-Jay