Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Missing files while importing, can view them on the gopro

Im trying to import my son´s birth, i tried using the go pro app - failed.... tried the gopro quick - only imports pictures (no videos)... Connected the gopro to my pc and tried exploring and could only find the first part of the video (i can see the hole birth on the gopro itself)

The file explorer became an eternal loop, all the binders keep repeating, so i only find the exact same files. 

The video is divided in 4 segments, viewable on the gopro.. 

help! 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Missing files while importing, can view them on the gopro

@redblaze4065, how long (hr/mins) is the video? When taking a video recording, the camera will automatically segment into a new file chapter once it has reached a certain size. This process is called chaptering. This chaptering is intentional and divided like this so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be effected and not the whole thing.

Are you able to playback the entire video in the camera? Chaptered files will play through as one continuation when played back from the camera directly.

Connect the SD card to your computer using an SD card reader/adapter. Then browse to the DCIM folder and locate the videos (mp4). The segmented files when put together with editing software will play seamlessly as if they were never chaptered.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@redblaze4065, how long (hr/mins) is the video? When taking a video recording, the camera will automatically segment into a new file chapter once it has reached a certain size. This process is called chaptering. This chaptering is intentional and divided like this so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be effected and not the whole thing.

Are you able to playback the entire video in the camera? Chaptered files will play through as one continuation when played back from the camera directly.

Connect the SD card to your computer using an SD card reader/adapter. Then browse to the DCIM folder and locate the videos (mp4). The segmented files when put together with editing software will play seamlessly as if they were never chaptered.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Gracias! ya pude descargarlas en una pc con el sim (aunque previamente no pude en una chromebook).

Highlighted
GoPro

Cool, @redblaze4065! I'm glad you were able to locate your GoPro contents. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!