Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Missing Footage

When I am doing a long continuous recording there is always about 15 seconds of missing footage inbetween chapters why?

GoPro

Re: Missing Footage

Hi @allenc65642

Is this one long recording or several  recordings?

What camera settings were used?

Were you on looping mode?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi Ej,

One recording, I do not believe looping was turned on (I have never selected that or know where to).  The recordings are broken up at 8 min intrevals and it is in between those that about 15 seconds is missing.  My settings have been both 1440 & 1080 @ 60fps Linear and wide I have also used 240fps and 120 fps.

Allen

Tourist

All of the recordings that this has happend are at least 8 mins long or longer. Thanks

GoPro

Hi @allenc65642,

May I know what camera are you using as well as the brand and model of your SD card. 

Speed of the SD card might affect the files or the file chaptering .

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

I have a Hero 6 and I have a SD Extreme Plus 64gb.

Allen

GoPro Community Manager

It's possible that the card itself is taking a few seconds to process each file. Your SD card should be ok, but in order to isolate this issue, if you have another SD card that is on our list of recommended cards at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308, please try that card and see if the issue continues.