Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Million Dollar Challenge Terms

[ New ]

Hi everyone !

I was wondering about the terms when participating in the Million Dollar Challenge. If I submit one footage, can I still sell the same footage to my clients worldwide (for example: sell an underwater footage to online outlets, or to a national park promoting its underwater biodiversity)? Or does GoPro want exclusive rights?

Thank you very much for your answer,

Have a nice one

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Million Dollar Challenge Terms

[ New ]

@bluemesa46547 - Yes, you could still sell your content. The basic submission grants a non-exclusive license for GoPro to use the content you submit, but you can still use what you shoot for other purposes.

One notice about this is that when you submit your content, there is a second window that pops up that will ask you to opt in to our content licensing program. If you select yes on that screen, then you are granting an exclusive license and you would not be able to sell the footage to anyone else. Opting into the licensing program is entirely up to you though and is not required for you to participate in the GoPro Awards program or in the Million Dollar Challenge program.

Good luck in the Challenge!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@bluemesa46547 - Yes, you could still sell your content. The basic submission grants a non-exclusive license for GoPro to use the content you submit, but you can still use what you shoot for other purposes.

One notice about this is that when you submit your content, there is a second window that pops up that will ask you to opt in to our content licensing program. If you select yes on that screen, then you are granting an exclusive license and you would not be able to sell the footage to anyone else. Opting into the licensing program is entirely up to you though and is not required for you to participate in the GoPro Awards program or in the Million Dollar Challenge program.

Good luck in the Challenge!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you so much for your answer!

Have a nice day