Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Mic with Hero 7 white

Now... I am aware that you are unable to use the GoPro audio adapter with the Hero 7 white, but what if you were to utilize the USB-C instead? Like a USB-C to aux for example, then to your microphone. Is there something I’m missing here or could that work?
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Mic with Hero 7 white

No you are not missing anything  there is no  way to getto the external mic wit husb at all.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Mic with Hero 7 white

Hi @sweetwater3557,

The HERO7 Silver/ White cameras do not have compatibility with external microphones. These cameras are simplified version, yet built tough and totally waterproof — just grab it and go for it. For more information, you can check this article at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/introducing-hero7 that explains the features of HERO7 cameras.

I haven't come across a situation yet where USB-C type microphone aux or adapter has been used for these cameras, thus I won't be able to verify if that setup can be a workaround. Let's see if other users have already tried this and hear their experience.

Kind Regards,
Ann