Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Mic Adapter and Remote Unsupported

Same as others here. I just unboxed my new Hero 9, went through the setup steps, upgraded firmware, and now I'm discovering I can't use my Mic Adapter or Remote. 

I opened a support ticket with an agent that had no real power to fix anything. Level one support is basically just an aswering service. They'll take your information and allegedly forward it to someone with the power to help...eventually. 

I'm also missing my bundled plus subscription, but that's the least of my concerns, because without the above items working, I'll be sending it back real quick.

Was really hoping the 9 would be a winner out of the box, but it's not looking that way. 

My fleet of H3B+'s were the last good, fully functional GoPro cameras I owned. They worked so good, I held on to them until the 7's came out.

My 7's refuse to turn on or lock up constantly.

My 8 won't use the audio adapter if there is external power applied to it on startup.

Now, the 9... 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Mic Adapter and Remote Unsupported

Support wasn't able to offer any solutions other than, "We've submitted your issue to the correct team. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future."

I'm not holding my breath while my return window runs out. Sent back the H9B. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone! Apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing you. We've already shared this out with the team in charge and we will have firmware updates coming to improve your video and photo capture experience.

For further details, check out this link https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates.