Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Meet the HERO9 Black

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks, just bit misleading on website it says it fits in 5 and hero2018. Off to order new charger then 😁
Sightseer

[ New ]

You still get the discount even if you are a current subsciber. If you do not have a plus account, you essentially save $100 on the camera purchase price, but you spend $50 for the entire year of plus membership so in the long run, you save $50 - unless, you are already a plus member anyway, then you save the full $100 because you would have paid for plus ANYWAY through the next year right? So the way I understand it is this - if you are a current subscriber, then you purchase the new 9 at the discounted price of $299 (plus $49 for subscription). When your new camera arrives, with the link QR code to activate your membership, you FIRST cancel your current membership, THEN re-subscribe with the new membership you purchased at the time of buying the 9. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@phat109 wrote:

You still get the discount even if you are a current subsciber. If you do not have a plus account, you essentially save $100 on the camera purchase price, but you spend $50 for the entire year of plus membership so in the long run, you save $50 - unless, you are already a plus member anyway, then you save the full $100 because you would have paid for plus ANYWAY through the next year right? So the way I understand it is this - if you are a current subscriber, then you purchase the new 9 at the discounted price of $299 (plus $49 for subscription). When your new camera arrives, with the link QR code to activate your membership, you FIRST cancel your current membership, THEN re-subscribe with the new membership you purchased at the time of buying the 9. 

It's a tad confusing but if you add the camera or the camera + bundle to the cart and click the small X to remove the unnecessary "Plus" membership the discount will remain on the camera it'll just be adjusted to $349.98 from the $299.99. It's confusing because below the Add To Cart button there is the sentence "Already a subscriber? Login to get your discount." which doesn't reflect the fact that I'm already logged in. It must be some issue with the programing of the roll-out. Removing the "Plus" subscription in the cart tho will work if you are already logged into your account.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.04.45 PM.png
Hiker

[ New ]

@robindean wrote:

@dcb0ys09 wrote:

I talked to someone today about this.

You get charged $49.99 fo the year. However you can not cancel it during that year or you will get charged the full price of the camera before discount.

I asked to clarify again and basically what I got out of this was you needed to hold the subscription the entire year and cancel the last day to not be charged the  discount deal you received during purchase. So set a reminder and cancel that last day so you don't get rechardged.

Great deal and savings just have to remember to cancel in time.

Thanks

i take it somewhere you can see the dates on account ?

Yeah if you go into the GoPro phone app - Settings - My Account & scroll to the bottom it will show you Next Billing Date with the exact day it will renew & charge you another $49.99

Nomad

[ New ]

ok, thanks

Nomad

[ New ]

It would be great if it worked as expected.. I bought an expensive paper weight..