Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Meet Fusion and Relive Reality

Quick question:

At 30 seconds into the video there is a scene filmed above a waterfall, it appears to have been shot from a drone. I base this on the VR video on YT that shows the same scene where I panned all around and found no humans, ropes, etc.

I am speculating that the fusion was mounted to a drone, presumably Karma. In order to have full 360 it would require 2 fusions to capture above and below the drone seamlessly. 

Knowing how secretive GoPro is I don’t expect confirmation officially but I am interested in what other users think is happening here.

Backpacker

@topherprice wrote:

Quick question:

At 30 seconds into the video there is a scene filmed above a waterfall, it appears to have been shot from a drone. I base this on the VR video on YT that shows the same scene where I panned all around and found no humans, ropes, etc.

I am speculating that the fusion was mounted to a drone, presumably Karma. In order to have full 360 it would require 2 fusions to capture above and below the drone seamlessly. 

Knowing how secretive GoPro is I don’t expect confirmation officially but I am interested in what other users think is happening here.

no it was done with 1 Fusion. Because Fusion has only 2 lenses it has got a blind spot around the edge that neither lens can see. With a straight extension pole this will remain in that blind spot, so won't be seen from either lens & not appear in the 360. I've done a little diagram to show what I mean. The black thing is meant to be Fusion on a pole, the blue the field of vision each lens

Untitled.jpg
Explorer

@fishycomics
The editor for Fusion is called Fusion Studio. It hasn't been released yet.
Tourist

Thanks Duane,

I should have said I am very familiar with 360 photography, I have been shooting 360 panos with nikon+fisheye+panohead and processing with PTGui and photoshop for many years. I do understand how the tripod becomes invisible and do own a manfrotto selfie pole and Insta360 One camera already. 

My interest in that particular section of video was that it didnt appear that there was a location to stand with or set up a selfie pole and was wondering if it was a drone mounted Fusion. If it is only one camera they have done an amazing job of editing out the the drone. As you say they likely simply used a pole ... I am clearly hoping they make us a mount for the fusion to hang from the Karma. I will be hanging my Insta360 One from the Karma once the weather changes, I think the drone will be easy to edit out if I can get the camera far enough from the drone.

Hiker

Does anyone know the resolution that the Overcapture app will provide and what is the fps of the fusion?

Tourist

Wow, I'm also looking forward to this camera!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ok, I'll see what makes Fusion the most versatile GoPro ever:)