Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Media mod

How to disable info on HDMI out for GoPro 8 black? I'm using VR-4HD and I can't read the small screen

And who is that very bright and smart engineer that was thinking you want to display your battery level by default on HDMI out? (silly and rude question, sorry) I think this is the first thing everyone is searching for after plugging the HDMI cable :)

How much time will GoPro 8 + Media mod work on battery when streaming HD via HDMI ?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Media mod

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 5.49.06 PM.png

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much for your reply. 

You can't develop a portable streaming solution and then ask for a big screen.

I was hoping to find the option in GoPro app or in the menu....

Highlighted
Nomad

Not sure I'm understanding your issue, but all you have to do is use the camera menu with the media mod attached to either select "playback" or "live" if you want picture without info on it.  If you select "monitor" then you'll get camera info displayed.  It's not that hard a concept.

Highlighted
Tourist

When you connect HDMI cable to Media mod you have no image on the camera screen.

I'm using Roland VR-4HD for live video streaming. Roland has a very low quality screen (and it is very small) - you can't read anything on it. I'm using this system for portability...I can't carry a monitor with me on the plane. This setting is available only with HDMI connected so I can't change this option before I connect the HDMI cable.

I can't find this settings in GoPro app after I connect the cable...

Highlighted
Nomad

Well......who the hell is that very bright and smart engineer that was thinking you want to display your battery level by default on HDMI out?  That's idiotic at best! 

Don't suppose the GoPro saves the last setup by any chance?  So if you select "live" it stays in live and doesn't default back to monitor?

I'm going to try a few things with this, namely seeing with everything hooked up, can you do it with the menu button.  If you can, then it's a case of doing what I do with my GP4 Blacks and turning on and off wifi.. with a small screen that's hard to read, I just memorized the amount of button presses.

If you can do the same with the GP8 once it's hooked up via HDMI, problem solved!

Highlighted
Nomad

Ok, that was easy...

(ok, it wasn't really, navigating is a pita....)

The battery info doesn't seem to display in "playback" so that's fine.

So when it comes to the "monitor" view..   you start off in the default of having the info displayed.  I just pressed the side button 4 times and then clicked on shutter and this removed the battery info and turned it into a "live" view.

So give that a try and see if it works for you (use a big screen to see).  If it does, then memorizing the button presses should work with your small screen.