Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Media mod settings doesn't apper in Hero 8 black

Hello,

I just received Media Mod for GoPro Hero 8 and after connecting it to the camera I don't see settings for the media mod. Plugging a power cable into usb c charges camera so the mod is connected properly. The camera is updated to the latest hardware. What should I do?

Thanks,

Alexander.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Media mod settings doesn't apper in Hero 8 black

prefrence  input/output. should show Media module.  

Highlighted
Nomad

You also need to go into the settings of whatever video mode you're shooting in and adjust the settings using the pencil icon.  From there the most you can do is select which microphones you want to use on the media mod.

Highlighted
Adventurer

that is great to know.  also @irishmanpdx    you can swithc front, back, stereo to right, where will that be located? in hte protune area.   is there a short cut screen for the Media Module in video?  and last question does the media module work with timewarp live 1X when pressed?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I tried to look that and in input settings and they are exactly the same as before :-(. Considering returning my mod. Seems to be broken :-(.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@blueexpert220 

WIth the Promic ( understanding its a media Module):

Prefrence/ audio imput/output. the  screen should change, you are saying there is no change at all?

If this area remains N/A then  the only option is to call gopro.com contact us and chat or   get a call back.   GoPro has had that issue since Oct 2015. Hero 5 black.  

I am sure you are doing things correct? and love to hear what gopro has to say, one excellent reasion why I stood clear!!!! of a future media mod.

Highlighted
Nomad

Hi @fishycomics 

I'll be hopefully doing a video with these answers included within the next week, but in answer to your questions now...

Yes, all of the options are contained within the Protunes area when you go to edit your settings.

The options for mics are as follows:

Front

Back

Stereo

You also have the option of setting up a shortcut for this on the screen (as one of the shortcut icons, so top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, depending on where you want it).

Yes, the timewarp mode change still works with the media mod attached.  I believe they made a mistake when they updated that.  The "mode button" they refer to is the icon on the screen, so it's a mode switch icon.  Press that to switch from timewarp to real time.  Not the "mode select" button on the side of the camera which just adds a highlight.  They should have worded it better.

The buttons on the camera (mode and shutter) are just like any case for the GoPro.  They are not additional buttons as such, they just press the buttons they sit on top of by mechanical means.

Highlighted
Adventurer

thanks @irishmanpdx   when I said timwarp   I  am referring to audio added in and wondering if the medial module they'll allow that. not asking about toggle  between the touch display amd mode on (smiles0  , I may not have been clear on that.

Never know if gopro adds special features to special modules, right.    congrats when you get yours (advance)