Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Media files not updating on HERO4

[ New ]

Hello,

I am using a HERO4 camera, I've been succesfuly recording videos and succesfuly palying them back on my camera.
However since 4 days ago I can no longer see the new recordings. I can sill record new videos but when I select "Playback", the camera freezes and then shuts down after a few seconds

When controlling the camera remotely I can I can see all files from previous recordings but I cannot see the most recent ones.

The SD card has plenty of space, I've reseted the camera to no avail

Appreciate any help

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Media files not updating on HERO4

[ New ]

Your SD card has become corrupt.  You need to back up the contents of the card and then perform a full format of the card on your laptop or pc.  Then put the card back in the camera and format again so the card is using the proper format and optimal block size.

Formatting the card in the camera only will not fix SD card corruption, only a full format in a pc,laptop or mac will fix that.

Backup all files first as formatting the SD card will delete all information from the card.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Your SD card has become corrupt.  You need to back up the contents of the card and then perform a full format of the card on your laptop or pc.  Then put the card back in the camera and format again so the card is using the proper format and optimal block size.

Formatting the card in the camera only will not fix SD card corruption, only a full format in a pc,laptop or mac will fix that.

Backup all files first as formatting the SD card will delete all information from the card.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks, it worked fine