Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Media Pod. Is it shower proof?????????

Has anyone had the misfortune to be out with their 8 and media hub in the rain? I understand it is not water proof if immersed in water such as the ocean but what about rain showers?

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Media Pod. Is it shower proof?????????

I don't think the Media Mod has an IPX rating and it's certainly not designed for exposure to water. Because of this, GoPro can't give any assurances one way or another. Although it most likely can withstand exposure to very light rain, the only response they should give is that you should not expose it to water. Period.

It really just comes down to whether or not there is enough moisture to get to the electrical components. For this, it's just about using common sense. Try to keep it dry. if it gets wet, turn the camera off and dry both. treat it like you would any other non-waterproof camera or phone. Most electronics can handle getting wet as long as you are not running power through them. So again, if it gets wet, turn off the camera.
Highlighted
Adventurer

No, its not weatherproof, and or waterproof.  you  have opened the port for Humidity. and have exposed ports.  Maybe some one like Ulanzi can make a case for the Medial Module.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Two pages of  a manual and all Gopro has to say is, that clearly says its

Weatherproof, and  resistant, NOT!

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Explorer

It says it's not waterproof. It's no less weather resistant than the Karma Grip (if anything, it's more weatherproof). The Karma Grip works fine in snow, humidity and even light rain.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Per the title, it's not.   not my issue when it gets soaked by a down pour, common sense we know goes a long way, I wil ltreat it like I treat my promic.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Better yet, get me one, ship to me, An I let you kno?

w left off to say w = WOW!