Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Media Mod freeze

[ New ]

Helo
I'm shooting a long video with Gopro 9 + Media Mod. When I stop recording the camera freezes. There is a jerky image and there is no beeping that the video is over. The memory card has a shorter video than the one taken. For example I shot an hour and there is a 20 minute video.

My camera has the latest update installed

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Media Mod freeze

[ New ]

Than you for providing the details, @nizanedl. It could be the case. Does the camera (detached from the Media Mod) record in 4K for over 20 minutes without freezing? The SD card that you are using is among the recommended ones so it should not pose an issue. To isolate further the cause though, try formatting the card and/or use a different SD card if available. 

If the camera has already been updated and the issue persists after doing the above steps, let our Support team know. They will assist you with further troubleshooting.  To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nizanedl

What SD card are you using?

Do you have the camera up to date?

Can you please test if the same happens when the camera is recording on its own?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Iuse sandisk extreme 32GB

my camera up to date (update v1.22)
I will try to test if the same happens when the camera is recording on its own

Tourist

[ New ]

I checked without Media Mod and its working properly
I checked in 1080 with Media Mod and also working fine
Only in 4K with Media Mod over 20 min at the end of the recording the camera freezes and the video is not saved in full

Could it be a combination of the memory card with Media Mod?
The card I use appears in the list of matching cards

GoPro

[ New ]

Than you for providing the details, @nizanedl. It could be the case. Does the camera (detached from the Media Mod) record in 4K for over 20 minutes without freezing? The SD card that you are using is among the recommended ones so it should not pose an issue. To isolate further the cause though, try formatting the card and/or use a different SD card if available. 

If the camera has already been updated and the issue persists after doing the above steps, let our Support team know. They will assist you with further troubleshooting.  To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.