Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Media Mod for Hero 9 is back in stock! Just FYI

[ New ]

Just FYI the media mod for the hero 9 is back in stock as of now! 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Media Mod for Hero 9 is back in stock! Just FYI

[ New ]

Lucky You!  Youʻre one of the fortunate few...  I check about four times a day for the last week and it has never shown in-stock...  Theyʻre definitely in short supply and high demand so I donʻt know how they allocate who gets them...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

@nitehawkmx wrote:

Just FYI the media mod for the hero 9 is back in stock as of now! 

I was just going to post the same thing. I went in and found it a moment ago. Just ordered it, since I have plans of using it as an alternative to my bigger cameras for vlogs.

Hiker

[ New ]
Not sure what the purpose of their "In Stock" vs "Out of stock" statuses is.

Even when you order stuff "In stock" it still hasn't left the warehouse a week later.
Hiker

[ New ]

Not only that. Their cut off time apparently is 9:30am California time. Anything ordered after 9:30am Pacific is considered a next day order.

I just had a lengthy conversation with sales support, and my Media Mod is probably not even leaving their warehouse today even though my order was done yesterday. Supposedly it is waiting to be picked up and then they say they'll give me a tracking number. If the package is ready, it should alredy have a tracking number.

Thankfully, I don't depend on the Hero 9 for anything. Hopefully, once it's all set up, it will give me as good or better service than all my prior GoPro cameras. Never had a single issue with any. Fingers crossed.

Backpacker

[ New ]

So for most orders it works like this.

Free 2 day shipping means that when your order ships, it will arrive in 2 days.  It does not mean that when you place your order, you will get it in 2 days.  

Orders placed after 9:30am get processed the following day.  Orders placed after 9:30am on a Friday may not be processed until the following Monday.

Orders placed before 9:30am (providing there's stock) get picked up by UPS that afternoon, however the UPS tracking won't populate until the following day, however you should still get your camera within 2 days of it being picked up.

Orders picked up on a Friday may not start shipping until the following Monday.

Orders placed (where no stock is available) won't ship until there is stock available.  These orders are completed on a first come first serve basis.

GoPro do state (as to UPS) that shipping time are estimates only.  There are other things that can affect shipping times, for instance all the wildfires recently delayed quite a number of shipments due to rerouting etc.

So for your order placed yesterday, it should be processed today, will be picked up this evening and with you in two daysor it could be the following Monday, however UPS tracking won't update until sometime tomorrow to let you know for sure.

Tourist

[ New ]

Oddly enough, I ordered a Hero9 at like 10:00 last night, it shows 9/23 as my purchase date, and I got a notification that it shipped this morning, with a tracking number.  

Hiker

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx Two questions:

1. "Orders placed (where no stock is available) won't ship until there is stock available."

Their website will not let you order when they are out of stock. Are you saying that even when the website shows stock, there might not be any yet? Because some orders have not shipped out for over a week now.

2. "These orders are completed on a first come first serve basis."

Looking through the community forums, I see lots of newer orders getting filled before older ones :/

Sightseer

[ New ]

Is it? I can`t see it. It is still unavailable to me, and I would like to buy one.

Tourist

[ New ]

Lucky You!  Youʻre one of the fortunate few...  I check about four times a day for the last week and it has never shown in-stock...  Theyʻre definitely in short supply and high demand so I donʻt know how they allocate who gets them...

Tourist

[ New ]

Last year I used my Hero 7 Black waiting for the media mod for the Hero 8 Black that I bought when it came out. This year, I bought the Hero 9 Black and I am using the Hero 8 Black with media mod, waiting for the media mod for the Hero 9 Black. I'm a year behind. Maybe by Hero 10 Black time next year I'll have a media Mod for my Hero 9 Black.

One thing is for sure. I won't buy another GoPro camera unless I get the needed mods at the time of purchase of the camera. 

I am very frustrated with GoPro. I don't want to change brands, but might over the next year.