Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Media Mod and Hero 8

I am attempting to use my Hero 8 in the Media Mod and want to turn off the battery and SD card icons from the HDMI output.

I am using the Hero 8 on a tripod and HDMI into OBS to then record me teaching lessons for school. I teach second grade and have had to go to Remote Teaching, the students are Remote Learning and this is best camera I have in the house. I am using the Hero 8 just as a Web Camera has been perfect on OBS creating the file to use, not the Go Pro. Now only issue is the SD icon and Battery Icon being displayed on the feed. I have been through the entire menus both on the camera and on the software, I can't figure out how to remove those icons. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Media Mod and Hero 8

So from the thread using the Mode button to cycle through the icons across the bottom worked out great. OBS has worked with the Go Pro Hero 8 and the videos were great quality for the students to be able to see and hear. The zoom functions and other function of the camera are locked out when it is used as a web camera so I can't zoom into things during the lesson. I used the app to see the screen while teaching so I could see what was happening. It is getting much closer to being the best set up I can in the quick situation that arrived to teach from home. Thank you to everyone for the help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

@patrickd381, thank you for the feedback. The zoom functionality of the GoPro camera is locked out once the recording starts. Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @patrickd381

See if the steps on this thread helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Highlighted
GoPro

@patrickd381, your time and patience are very much appreciated. Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

So from the thread using the Mode button to cycle through the icons across the bottom worked out great. OBS has worked with the Go Pro Hero 8 and the videos were great quality for the students to be able to see and hear. The zoom functions and other function of the camera are locked out when it is used as a web camera so I can't zoom into things during the lesson. I used the app to see the screen while teaching so I could see what was happening. It is getting much closer to being the best set up I can in the quick situation that arrived to teach from home. Thank you to everyone for the help.

Highlighted
GoPro

@patrickd381, thank you for the feedback. The zoom functionality of the GoPro camera is locked out once the recording starts. Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Sightseer

can you clarify, did jsut pushing the mode button clear off everything on the screen? I am debating between the hero7 and hero 8 to do the same thing you are doing. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I cycled between the icons across the view screen using the Mode button.