Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Media Mod Shows Audio Input as N/A

[ New ]

Hey everyone,

I've been using a Hero 8 for several months now and just bought the Media Mod after it being sold out for so long. I want to use an external 3.5mm microphone with it but when I go into the preferences on the GoPro it shows the audio input as n/a without any option to change it. I just did an update this morning via the iOS app and there's no further updates available. Camera version is on 02.50.00 according to the app. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Media Mod Shows Audio Input as N/A

[ New ]

When you plug a microphone into the media mod, it defaults to the microphone, so there are no other options to choose from.  If you want to see options, unplug the microphone.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

When you plug a microphone into the media mod, it defaults to the microphone, so there are no other options to choose from.  If you want to see options, unplug the microphone.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am facing the same issue from last 6 months. Read all the related posts here. Performed every step to fix it from updating to latest firmware 2.50, disabling quick capture, reset the camera. Unplug the microphone, but no luck. Only solution was to replace the camera.

@GoProPLease don't be so innocent by replying same pathetic solution to your users. You are such a renowned name in the world. If there is bug in your camera please accept and provide the solution. Youtube is full of the videos with the same issue but not even a single reply from you.

Tourist

[ New ]

Any fix on this issue??? I just bought the media mod, but audio input is N/A in any combination. So is my 5 min used camera fubar?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sanchaykinger @mikkovanhatalo

What kind of mic are you using?

What version is your camera on?

Check out Connecting an External Microphone

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi EJ,

Thanks for the reply.
I am not using any external Mic. I am using Media Mod only. I am able to charge the camera from Media Mod but Audi Input is showing NA. I am not able to change any settings mentioned in the link you provided. It only worked for few days but after the update last year it stopped working. Though I checked my Media Mod in my friend's camera. It was working fine, but not in my camera.
As mentioned before done all the basic trouble shooting more than 20 times from factory reset to update, disabling quick mode, but no luck.
It's on latest version 2.50. Please help here. Else this camera is no use for me as vlogger audio is most important.

I hope this time I will get a solution not the basic troubleshooting steps.

Thanks
Sanchay
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sanchaykinger

The best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

When the media mod is plugged in, the "audio input" selection shows N/A. So nothing like what your instructions say, because I cannot select anything. 

I manuallu updated the 2.50 firm and did all the things I found on the forums. No help.

I bought Rode microphone which was listed on your webpage. It's really frustrating to invest 500€ on setup and find out it's not working. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@mikkovanhatalo, just to check, does your microphone have TRS connection?

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez Hi. Yes it does. But the problem is now solved. The first Media Mod I got was broken. It did not even charge the battery, so mayde some connection loose in that one. I got a new one and that works now. Prwviously the microphone settigs showed only "stereo", now there are all the options available. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update! @mikkovanhatalo

Glad to hear that it has been sorted out.

Feel free to post back if anything comes up.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am on my second media mod as I just sent the first one back as none of the ports on it work! Not the aux, not the USBC, not the micro USB, none of them!! Making it an entirely useless £80! Just been sent through the second one, fresh out of the box and it doesn't work! Exact same issues! I need the media mod in order for my gopro to be useful for my work, I feel like I've handed over hundreds of punds to gopro for them to send me utter crap! Looking about in forums it seems everyone has this issue or very similar ones, so when are GoPro going to recall this but of kit as it clearly has manufacturing faults!

The icing on the cake is how hard it is to get hold of an actual person to get any kind of direct help! I want my money back!!! Would not recommend the GoPro Hero 8 or the Media Mod to anyone! Feels like a scam to buy something that has never worked and no one from the company wants to do anything about it but keep takng peoples money for a faulty thing!!