Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Max stitching problem

Just made my first video sample and stitching is awful. I noticed there are a lot of people with the same problem here, however no one came with solution
Here is link to the sample video exported with ios GoPro app.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/whvilw8lb0viio9/%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE%2010.05.2020%2C%2019%2047%2...
Since many 360 max videos look great, I suppose, I’m doing something wrong, but have no idea, what exactly
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Max stitching problem

Hello, @megabeach62026.

Which firmware version is your MAX on? What mount is the camera attached to?

Try to extend the distance of the camera and mount/handle and it will improve the stitching ability. The farther the distance of the subject, the better the stitching. 

The best way to mount MAX is at a distance similar to the length of the MAX Grip to avoid those stitch lines.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Max stitching problem

Hi! Max in on latest firmware. I use original gopro selfie stick. Keeping in mind your recomendation to keep objects far, I presume, you did not see file I provided as this stitching problem occurs even with objects wich are really far away. It appears after some experiments, this stitching distortion always occurs whith plastic lens protection on camera. Without them distortion is very small and within acceptable range. Since other 360 camera producers wants users to specially tell app that they use lens protection in order to avoid stitching problems, I presume gopro needs to do the same. but it does not.