Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Max size sd card in hero 7 black ?

Hello, I've tried SanDisk Extreme 400GB microSDXC Class 10 one, in the Gopro Black 6 it runs without problems, in the Gopro Black 7 to 2K 50fps, starting at 4K.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Get Sandisk, they are by far the most reliable cards with GoPro.

I would HIGHLY recommend against getting Samsung as they have a lot of issues.

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem I have with this is the 256gb card was only £9 more than the 128gb I saw.
The class 10 and all the other specifications it should be such as SDXC and UHS-1 is the same for the SanDisk Ultra card ai bought. I just don’t like the camera getting hot or the battery life being poor.
Highlighted
Explorer

Never use SanDisk Ultra. Only use cards offthe recommended list. Beware of fraudulent and counterfeit SD cards. Question great deals like double the memory for only 9 more.

The cameras do get hot. It's a high-performance waterproof device. The camera will shut itself off if it gets too hot.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have also had drop-outs with Samsung EVO Plus but the"128GB' so now with your advice I've gone with SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Daniel. I bought the GoPro Hero Black 7 from Harrods technology department. There was no information in the shop that made me aware of any problems regarding SD cards. The man who sold the camera to me Googled memory cards and the GoPro site. Neither of us could come up with a reason why lower memory sizes should be an issue. The Class 10 was the same and the transfer rate was as high as other memory cards. The only difference was size. SanDisk is the make so maybe GoPro should ONLY sell the camera WITH the correct memory card or ensure we all know at time of purchase.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi all,

I do not understand the reasoning behind the difference  in 128GB San Disk Extreme MicroSD card and the 256GB card.  They are both made by the same company and read and write the same speeds as the 128GB, so I dont see why the GoPro camera would have a difficulty with more storage?  

Has anyone found an issue with this?  I am going on vacation and would prefer to put everything I record in one spot.  Thought the more space would be easier.  

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Backpacker

i use a SanDisk Extreme 128gb & Lexar 633x 128gb cards in my Hero 7 Black with no issues