Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Max size sd card in hero 7 black ?

Hello,
What is the maximum size for sd card for hero 7 black ?
Recommended model ? Samsung ? Sandisk ? Minimum speed ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Stéphane.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Max size sd card in hero 7 black ?

[ Edited ]

@enc3ladus
Beat me by 9 seconds, LOL.

@colst03

Although the list does have the Samsung EVO Plus 256GB, the user manual specifies that the camera is rated for up to 128GB. 

https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/manuals/HERO7Black_UM_ENG_REVA.pdf

Plenty of people successfully use 256GB cards, so they should work.  However, there is a higher risk of failure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@enc3ladus
Beat me by 9 seconds, LOL.

@colst03

Although the list does have the Samsung EVO Plus 256GB, the user manual specifies that the camera is rated for up to 128GB. 

https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/manuals/HERO7Black_UM_ENG_REVA.pdf

Plenty of people successfully use 256GB cards, so they should work.  However, there is a higher risk of failure.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Keep in mind minimum 4K write speed is 78 mbs by gopro Moderator  (lol)  noted on here on a thread that i asked  what is the bare minimum write speed card he said 4k 78mb write Lol

Highlighted
Nomad

My advice:

Do not use one 256 card. Better way is to have 2 x 128 or less. If somehow your one 256 will broke.....you lose all your videos. If you will have 2, one broken.....,second will have some videos.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for all your great and useful answers. I will go for 256g samsung evo plus because it os tje chapeasr in Europe (70 euros) and I will use my go pro mainly for water sport like skiing bowee and scubadiving so i prefer avoid to manipulate it. I will habe already the luggage of batteries to deal with :-)
Highlighted
Hiker

Caution... have had intermittent problems with the Samsung EVO plus 256GB. My use case involves taking very long videos, I had a camera crash about once every 20-30h of recording.

Am now using SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB which should give you >4H of continuous recording, much longer than your battery life.

If my recording times supported it, I'd go down to 64GB.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-freezing-crashing-unexpected-behavior/m-p/264642