Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Max issues ?

[ New ]
So I learnt 2 things about the go pro max.

1) live streaming turns off horizon level

2) in order to live stream I need to hotspot from my phone but it will never connect unless there are other Wi-Fi connections around. So if I was in an empty field with no Wi-Fi then it won't connect to my phone as it can't find the hotspot from my phone, but in a packed place full of Wi-Fi, it will happily connect to my phone. 🤦‍♂️

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Max issues ?

[ New ]

Hello, @neon-euc. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? There is a known issue with live streaming via hotspot with iOS devices. Our team is working on it and we will post for an update once we have new information.

If this is what you have, the following steps will help with connectivity: 

• Enter the live streaming config screen
  • Switch over to your hotspot screen on the iOS device.
  • Turn the hotspot OFF. Wait 5 seconds.
  • Turn the hotspot ON. Wait ~5 seconds on the hotspot screen.
  • Swap back to the GoPro app and select the dropdown.
  • Wait for the loading spinner to go away and you should see your hotspot in the list.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @neon-euc. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? There is a known issue with live streaming via hotspot with iOS devices. Our team is working on it and we will post for an update once we have new information.

If this is what you have, the following steps will help with connectivity: 

• Enter the live streaming config screen
  • Switch over to your hotspot screen on the iOS device.
  • Turn the hotspot OFF. Wait 5 seconds.
  • Turn the hotspot ON. Wait ~5 seconds on the hotspot screen.
  • Swap back to the GoPro app and select the dropdown.
  • Wait for the loading spinner to go away and you should see your hotspot in the list.

Tourist

[ New ]

that was helpful ... recently i also faced some kind of issues on hero mode.after a day i fixed it through reseting the cam

Nomad

[ New ]

appriciate the reply, mine is android. got it working now but will try again next time i am in an area with no wifi like a field