Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Max for surfing

[ New ]
Hi I’ve seen a lot of surfing footage from GoPro with the max and have now bought one but is GoPro happy to warrant these to be used for surfing when it is only rated 5M?? I’m won’t be taking it deeper than 5 M however waves when breaking can push out a lot of power / pressure

Is there any water housing available? I’ve found one for fusion on a website, is the max the same shape and same button locations ? Aka would this fit the max?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Max for surfing

[ New ]

@heroiclift4032, thanks for reaching out. So long as all camera doors are closed, MAX is waterproof down to 5m (16ft) without housing. Currently, there isn't an available GoPro dive housing for MAX but we will pass that suggestion along to our team.

In addition to this, other users may have found housings for MAX from other stores/channels. However, these housings are designed by different manufacturers and we cannot attest to their products’ reliability. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@heroiclift4032, thanks for reaching out. So long as all camera doors are closed, MAX is waterproof down to 5m (16ft) without housing. Currently, there isn't an available GoPro dive housing for MAX but we will pass that suggestion along to our team.

In addition to this, other users may have found housings for MAX from other stores/channels. However, these housings are designed by different manufacturers and we cannot attest to their products’ reliability. 

Explorer

[ New ]
Just wanted to address a couple of the questions directly.

1) Water damage is not covered by warranty. I've used both Fusion and Max when surfing and didn't have any issues, BUT you should know that if it does occur, it is NOT covered.

2) 3rd party Fusion housing will NOT fit the MAX. The door latch is pretty poorly made and not worth the money, even if it did. I had the housing for my Fusion and used it for awhile, but eventually the door latch broke (as is noted by many reviews). The company that makes the Fusion dive housing is very deceitful in that they will discontinue the housing once it gets enough bad reviews and then repost it with a different name or as "newly updated", when in fact it's the same poor quality housing.