Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Max footage blurry in 360 and Hero modes. Compared to examples on Youtube something is wrong

Started using the Max about 3 weeks ago and have done everything I can think of to resolve blurry videos. I understand a 360 camera won't be as sharp as other cameras, but it's bad in HERO mode too.
Settings are correct, firmware is updated.

Watching footage examples on Youtube and I'm not getting anywhere near the same quality.

I tried uploading a small sample of footage but was only allowed to upload a jpg. of the hero mode vid.

Thanks

Blurry from Hero Mode.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Max footage blurry in 360 and Hero modes. Compared to examples on Youtube something is wrong

Hi @joebush

Were you able to change the playback quality on Youtube?

You may post or share the Youtube link here.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Max footage blurry in 360 and Hero modes. Compared to examples on Youtube something is wrong

What editor are you using with your GoPro Footage once extracted?  Are you applying a sharpening layer, a lens correction layer, what is your editing process?

You need to realize that other video's you see on YouTube that look great are often heavily edited by people with years of experience and know how.  Also the more you zoom in on the picture from a Max or Fusion, the blurrier and more chromatic aborations are going to be visible.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I haven’t run it through any editor yet as I’m new to the game. I am learning Premier Pro but not there yet.
I understand what your saying about the editing making a huge difference but there’s a lot of YouTube examples of footage from the Max and they clearly indicate it’s unedited footage right from the camera and while I recognize it isn’t outstanding like some of the stuff we see that has been graded and edited, it’s looking far better than what I’m getting. At the very least Ineoukd like to expect the footage would be clear. Maybe not as clear as my Hero 8, but clearer than what I’m getting.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm not even on Youtube yet.
Was referring to the unedited footage samples others have posted that looks pretty darn good.

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @joebush. To isolate the issue further, is your MAX updated to the latest firmware? Which SD card are you using in the camera?

Will you be able to share us a sample footage showing the issue? You may upload it to Youtube or Google Drive or Dropbox and share us the link here. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

Thank you for the support!

I have updated the firmware and I'm using a SanDisk 128GB Extreme A2 V30 Micro SD.

Here is a link to the sample footage:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HPl1JEblqEUcGbA4w87KH-vfsW30yONG/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much!

Joe

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the information and file that you shared, @joebush. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance on this case. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. When connected, you may direct Support to this thread for easy reference.