Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Max and smart remote?

[ New ]
So there I was, 4,000 ft in the air enjoying the view from my hang glider. I see an eagle is sharing a thermal with me, so I decide to take a 360 video of us flying together. I reach for the remote that I've had for years, only to remember that my Max doesn't work with my remote. "No worries", I hear GoPro customer service say in my mind, "you can use the phone app". So I reach into my pouch, manage to get the fingerprint scanner to let me in, navigate to my GoPro app, connect to my camera (finally!), when suddenly, I reach the side of my thermal and hit turbulence that knocks my phone out of my hand, tumbling towards terminal velocity and a farm below. The eagle leaves me behind, wondering why a superior species can't complete the simple task of flying in a thermal.
After giving up and landing, still without any footage, I learn that my phone landed on the head of a prize pony and killed it.

Now I have a very upset race horse owner asking me why GoPro doesn't have a remote that supports the Max.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I managed to connect my remote to the max and it controls everything apart fro switching between hero mode and 360 mode.

I had to connect the max to the gopro app on my phone first then put the remote into pairing mode and then select connect to new remote on the app, and then select use current remote on the app and then about 10 secs later it connected. It doesn't tell you its connected on the max it only shows information on the remote screen

Hiker

[ New ]

Weeks passed but still no update. Can you let us know what updates are we waiting?