Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Max Cannot Record Past 100 Chapters

[ New ]

I would like to report a bug.

We are using the Max to film for long periods of time using 512 GB memory cards. We would like to be able to record for 16 continuous hours (or longer) in a single go (our cameras are inaccessible to stop/restart recording during this time). 

Although the Max accepts the 512GB memory card, it won't record past 99 chapters (about 13 hours). It looks like only two digits were allocated for the chapter number (a "Y2K" bug), so it pukes at chapter 100.

I know we are an edge case, but if this is something that could be easily fixed, it would really help us - we have dozens of GoPro 360 cameras out and rely on them heavily.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Max Cannot Record Past 100 Chapters

[ New ]

@andreac13446. Based on the latest check, there is no information about improving the number of chapters that can be accommodated. The number remains to be the limit at this time. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

This should take 5 minutes to resolve in programming code. Just want to do it.

@vitalwater2436  escreveu:

I would like to report a bug.

We are using the Max to film for long periods of time using 512 GB memory cards. We would like to be able to record for 16 continuous hours (or longer) in a single go (our cameras are inaccessible to stop/restart recording during this time). 

Although the Max accepts the 512GB memory card, it won't record past 99 chapters (about 13 hours). It looks like only two digits were allocated for the chapter number (a "Y2K" bug), so it pukes at chapter 100.

I know we are an edge case, but if this is something that could be easily fixed, it would really help us - we have dozens of GoPro 360 cameras out and rely on them heavily.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @vitalwater2436. We checked with the Product team and we confirm that the limit to the number of chapters is 99. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya  ha scritto:

Hello, @vitalwater2436. We checked with the Product team and we confirm that the limit to the number of chapters is 99. 

Thanks for the confirmation. We would also like to know if this defect will be resolved or if we must accept the limitation.

GoPro

[ New ]

@andreac13446. Based on the latest check, there is no information about improving the number of chapters that can be accommodated. The number remains to be the limit at this time. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya  ha scritto:

Ok, Thanks for your confirmation.