Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Max .360 videos export on Windows 8

[ New ]

How to export .360 Max videos I have Windows 8. Pl help thanks.

Regards, Sam

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Rif.: Max .360 videos export on Windows 8

[ New ]

@smisra7  ha scritto:

GoPro should develop program for Windows8 for us to be able to Edit with Adobe PrPro or DaVinci. Hope GoPro is listnening.

I don't think GoPro will take care of what you ask for: it has other gaps to fill!

This is a new point in favor of Insta360: their editing software (Insta360 Studio 2019) is compatible from windows 7 SP1

View solution in original post

Hiker

[ New ]

I have no option as having Windows 8 in my Sony Viao  laptop. Laptop will not upgrade to Windows10 and I cannot export .360 files. Now finally gave up and returned GoPro Max as it doesn't connect to Android phone after hundreds of attempts. GoPro is friendly to Apple products and GoPro Max is only built for IPhone and Mac users and not for users of Window 8 and Android phones.Now thinking of Insta360.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have had so many problems to watch the 360 footage that I am still not able to watch the footage. I am using linux, but I have tried two computers with windows 10, in one computer does not work because it has hardware limitations to decoding HEVC and in the other the gopro max exporter does not even open. Rubbish. Too bad.

Hiker

[ New ]

@smisra7  ha scritto:

Now thinking of Insta360.

Definitely the best choice!

All Replies
Hiker

Rif.: Max .360 videos export on Windows 8

[ New ]

You can use GoPro MAX Exporter (https://it.gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Max-Exporter ).

Have you already tried it?

Hiker

[ New ]

Its for Windows 10. I have Windows 8 and 8.1, My Sony laptop doesnt support Windows 10.

Hiker

[ New ]

Try it, maybe it also works on Windows 8.

If it doesn't work, it means we've discovered another shortcoming in the software provided by GoPro.

Let us know the result here: it will be interesting.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @smisra7. Based on the system requirements for the GoPro MAX Exporter, it only works with Windows 10 or later. You may want to explore the use of the GoPro App to view and edit your 360 MAX footage. See 360 Media Support in the GoPro App  for more information. 

Hiker

[ New ]

It clearly mentions Download for Windows 10. No download/software for Windows8

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks. It seem only option.

GoPro should develop program for Windows8 for us to be able to Edit with Adobe PrPro or DaVinci. Hope GoPro is listnening.

Hiker

[ New ]

@smisra7  ha scritto:

I don't think GoPro will take care of what you ask for: it has other gaps to fill!

This is a new point in favor of Insta360: their editing software (Insta360 Studio 2019) is compatible from windows 7 SP1