Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Max 360 timelapse playback spins

When I record a timelapse video the playback of the video spins as if im spinning it with my finger. I have spent hours with their support, and they told me to exchange it. I did nd same thing is happening. The video moves from left to right as if i am controlling it to do so while in playback. THis happens in gopro player and on the app. Anyone have any ideas or this happening to you? I can't imagine 2 cameras in a row having some weird isolated problem. THanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Max 360 timelapse playback spins

Hello @chrisucla. Thanks for the info provided. This is something that was recently shared with us by some other users, and I'm looking further into the details with the team in charge regarding this. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the same issue. Took a timelapse and it just spins so I can't reframe it to get a clean pan of the timelapse. It's all over the place. Would love an update when this gets resolved, because right now my timelapse footage isn't usable, because I can't reframe it cause of the auto spinning. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the same issues regarding timelapse footage spinning. I end up having to try to re-orient the footage every few seconds to try to keep it in the correct position. It makes adding text in my editing program very difficult.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello everyone! This may have something to do with bad GPS from the camera. Please try importing the footage into the newest player and turn off the stabilization (since the camera is mounted and doesn't need stabilization). Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Hiker

imaged my computer ..updated to the newest player 1.30 OSX ... tried your suggestion

WORLDLOCK=ON (Only WITH Stabilzation is acceptable)

Same Result --- constantly rotating to the left

Restored the Image back to my computer and went back to the original state ... no difference

So ... here I let you know how it goes

AND NOW ... what is your suggestion ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Your suggestion was very helpful! I already had the 1.3.0 gopro player, the trick was turning OFF the world lock. It stopped spinning once I turned that off. It makes more sense to me now, knowing that it's uneccessary for footage that is mounted and not moving, but more useful for footage where someone might be walking with it on a pole. 

Thank you, that worked wonders!

Highlighted
Tourist

With worldlock off it stops spinning, however, it jitters and bumps all the way through as if someone was holding it and cant keep still. Footage was shot on a flat surface that does not move.