Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Many issues with my GoPro Hero 6 Black

Hi, I bought GoPro Hero 6 Black just after release date and so far nothing but dissapointments. 

1. Randomy videos are recorded as black, with no audio, just black video. This makes camera unreliable.

2. Randomy audio was just high pitch sound which made it unusable. Then after latest updates it sounds like there is delay between two microphone which creates unnaturan anoying echo.

3. I did not record any night videos/photos until last night, and it's the worst quality possible (recorded at 1080p @60fps). I get 3 times better quality from my GoPro Hero 2014 recorded at 720p.

4. Battery life is a joke! I have 3 batteries and I run thru all 3 of them before ski day end, and I record only runs (2-4 minutes each)

I beleave this is defected camera.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Many issues with my GoPro Hero 6 Black

There have been reports of issues with the Lexar cards in the HERO6 Black. We don't have those cards on our recommended list for that camera. The list of recommended cards for all of our cameras can be found at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@vojinl3074 - Each of these issues can be related to a bad SD card. Which card are you using? Do you have another card you can try?

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

@jeffz I'm using two Lexar 633x 128GB - same problem with both. And I'm not recording at 4k, just 1080p @ 60fps. had no such issues with GoPro 5 Black, which I regret replacing with this garbage.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

There have been reports of issues with the Lexar cards in the HERO6 Black. We don't have those cards on our recommended list for that camera. The list of recommended cards for all of our cameras can be found at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations.