Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Manual update

[ New ]

I have followed the steps to complete a manual update on my Hero Session. I have tried to do an online chat, tried calling and even sent in a complaint and no one has got back to me. Please can someone help???

The manual update works up to the last step. When I insert the SD card back in to the GoPro it doesnt turn on or off as it states it should. When I then try to turn it on nothing has changed and it does not say updating or update complete.

What am I doing wrong?

Explorer

Re: Manual update

[ New ]
Please list the detailed steps that you are taking.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Dowloading softwar from site to computer,  inserting micro sd to reader and connecting reader to computer, dragging 'UPDATE' file to 'removable disk', removing sd card from reader and inserting back in to Gopro. It then says on the step by step 'wait a minute as Gopro will turn off and on a few times, it will then show 'updating' but it doesn't do anything when I put the card back into Gopro.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Do this will work 

ifirmware.png

Sightseer

[ New ]

Done that. Doesn't change anything when i put the SD card back in to the Gopro

Explorer

[ New ]
You need to extract the update folder from the update file to your computer first. If you are putting the update file on the MicroSD, it won't work.
Explorer

[ New ]
Format your card in your computer first. Copy update folder to the SD card. Eject the card and place it in the camera. Press the rear mode button to turn the camera on.
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have extracted it, copied it over and then when I put the SD card back in, turn it on it still hasn't changed anything. Still can't connect to the app, no sign of 'updating' as the image shows on the step by step guide. Doesn't show 'APP &RC' like it used to, they are now seperate, doesn't have the options i used too such as turning WIFI off. Any other suggestions?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @quickcreek8610

Let our Support Team assist you further.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks

Ej