Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Mac won't recognize; now Hero 8 leds don't turn off and GoPro won't turn on anymore

I have been attempting to import my video from my Hero 8 to my MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.5 Beta). I got it to appear once, started importing videos into Photos, and then the GoPro just disappeared mid-import. I didn't touch the camera or cables.

When I unplugged the device from the computer I noticed the leds are still on.

It was at least 30% charged before this happened.

Now I can't turn on the GoPro.

I tried the usb-c to usb-c cable provided by Apple to connect it to my laptop.

I tried the usb-c to usb cable to plug it into a wall adaptor.

I tried the usb-c to usb cable + usb to usb-c adaptor to my laptop.

Really regretting this purchase about now. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Mac won't recognize; now Hero 8 leds don't turn off and GoPro won't turn on anymore

Long pressing mode + power got the device to shut down/reboot so I could turn it on.

Still unrecognized by my Macbook Pro.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Mac won't recognize; now Hero 8 leds don't turn off and GoPro won't turn on anymore

This camera is becoming near useless.

I'm trying an alternative route of downloading the video to my GoPro app on my phone so it can upload to the cloud storage and I keep getting :request timed out".

Is there any indication when auto upload is uploading? I turned it on but there's no way to know it's working.

Beyond frustrated.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @abasset. How are you uploading your media to the cloud? If it is through Mobile Uploads based on your description, there will be a cloud icon on the media in the App. See below for what each icon means: 

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload
CLOUD+UP - Item uploading
CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed
EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading 

Which phone are you using, and which OS is it running on? do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? We just released version 6.15 two days ago so please make sure your app is up to date.