Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

MP4 exported, then re-imported to USB, GoPro Hero 7 Black not reading.

The title says it all. I exported files from my MicroSD assuming it'll play just fine. Apparently my Windows 7 can't handle it. Strangely enough, the ones I downloaded from the GoPro app to my phone plays great in my Windows 7.

So basically, I just need my GoPro to re-read the files I returned to the SD card so that I can download from App to my phone. I tried the reset, shoot or record, then turn off, then turn on-process and that did not work.

Any help would be much appreciated. The videos are choppy even when I try to convert them...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: MP4 exported, then re-imported to USB, GoPro Hero 7 Black not reading.

Hi @agilesand77022

I tried to replicate the issue but when I copied files back to the SD card, it still played fine on the HERO7 Black.

If you are getting "No files to import", please follow the steps  on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

However, please note that Quik for Desktop requires Windows 10.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

Also, Quik shows there are no files to import, which is false because I copied the files back to the SD card.
GoPro

Hi @agilesand77022

I tried to replicate the issue but when I copied files back to the SD card, it still played fine on the HERO7 Black.

If you are getting "No files to import", please follow the steps  on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

However, please note that Quik for Desktop requires Windows 10.

Thanks!

Ej