Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

MAX is about to get thrown out my window!

I am getting sick and tired of not being able to do anything with the video from my MAX.  I have used it on my last two ATV rides and my last 3 ultralight flights and have not been able to use any of the footage.

Since i have a PC, I cannot do any reframing on there, so I am forced to do it on my Android phone.  I have a Samsung S9, which is a new enough phone that it has reasonable power and space to process a video, however it will not finish the rendering.   I have been trying to complete a reframing of an 8 minute long clip and it fails at random % every time.  Sometimes it makes it to 60%, sometimes 2%, sometimes 25%, etc, but for 3 days straight of trying to re-frame a  video it never completes.  Sometimes it tells me it failed and to retry, but most of the time it just stops at that % and has no movement.   I can cancel and restart, but the next try it just stops at another %.  I've started it before going to bed in hopes it might be done by morning, only to find it stopped at 8%.   At this point, it's no use in trying any more.  How much more frustrating can this be?

Hiker

Re: MAX is about to get thrown out my window!

No one will reply u! I have the same issue, and I even can't connect my Gopro to my pc and transfer my files! This device is my biggest mistake.
Hiker

use insta360 studio for reframing.

works good here

GoPro

Hello @kleake. Is this observed even with the latest version of the GoPro App? Is your Samsung 9 running on the latest Android OS? If you haven't yet, have a go at the steps below to help clear the issue: 

• Ensure that the GoPro App and mobile device are up to date with their latest versions.
  • Force close the app and re-open it. Clear cache (not data) on the app settings. Then check to see if you still encounter the issue. 
  • Force close other apps that may be running, but you are not using. This may free up memory on your mobile device and allow the GoPro App to run better.
  • Restart your mobile device and then restart the GoPro App.  
  • The GoPro Camera Name may have a special character (e.g. ¥, £, ü, etc) in it. If this is the case, press 'Connect + Control' and tap on the wrench icon to open the Settings.  Scroll to the Camera Info section and select the Camera Name.  Finally, remove the special characters from the name.  

@nimblegorg102 . Please check the troubleshooting steps above as well to isolate the cause of the trouble on your end. Does your PC meet the system requirements for the GoPro MAX exporter to run correctly? 

Hiker

I will give these a try, but this is why it is so frustrating to use the phone for editing instead of a PC.  My phone is constantly in use, for being a phone, so it's difficult to tie it up for so long attempting to edit.  We desparately NEED the windows application for re-framing,

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@pixelnator360 wrote:

use insta360 studio for reframing.

works good here

I have tinkered with insta360 some and it's not bad. The transitions and flows aren't as smooth so I don't really like it very well, although it does at least work.

Hiker

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @kleake. Is this observed even with the latest version of the GoPro App? Is your Samsung 9 running on the latest Android OS? If you haven't yet, have a go at the steps below to help clear the issue: 

• Ensure that the GoPro App and mobile device are up to date with their latest versions.
  • Force close the app and re-open it. Clear cache (not data) on the app settings. Then check to see if you still encounter the issue. 
  • Force close other apps that may be running, but you are not using. This may free up memory on your mobile device and allow the GoPro App to run better.
  • Restart your mobile device and then restart the GoPro App.  
  • The GoPro Camera Name may have a special character (e.g. ¥, £, ü, etc) in it. If this is the case, press 'Connect + Control' and tap on the wrench icon to open the Settings.  Scroll to the Camera Info section and select the Camera Name.  Finally, remove the special characters from the name.  

@nimblegorg102. Please check the troubleshooting steps above as well to isolate the cause of the trouble on your end. Does your PC meet the system requirements for the GoPro MAX exporter to run correctly? 

I restarted the phone, tried rendering about 5 times, 4%, 8%, 3%, 14%, and then it finally completed 1 of about 10 files I have been trying to render.  I kept the screen on the whole time and didn't allow it to go to sleep, and also didn't do anything else with the phone for the 20 or so minutes it took.  I think it was luck that it actually completed 1 file.   Yes it is the latest version of the app and everything is up to date otherwise with no special characters in the camera name..

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the quick response, @kleake. We will pass this along to the team. Specifically, which OS version is your Samsung9 running on? And, to verify, your device meets the specific system requirements for 360 Support in the GoPro App, right?