Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad
Accepted Solution

MAX Slo-mo

Fusion had the option for 3000 x 1504 @ 60fps whcih although lower in resolution did allow for slomo with the higher fr

Any one with connections to GoPro know if this is going to be available to Max which only has one option in 360 video right now: 5376 x 2688 @ 30fps?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: MAX Slo-mo

You can currently move the footage into slow motion using other editors, like Premiere Pro.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

You can currently move the footage into slow motion using other editors, like Premiere Pro.

Highlighted
Tourist

Doing that makes for very poor quality slow motion. The editing software adds frame buffers that don't exist and it is bad footage. You need at least 50 fps for acceptable slow motion.
Highlighted
Explorer

Correct, although with Premiere Pro (paid) or DaVinci Resolve (free) you can use Optical Flow to smooth the transitions between frames.

As far as if MAX will get an option for 360 at 60fps, probably not. That's not to say that it absolutely wont happen, but it is unlikely. More likely is that it will be added on future versions of MAX (MAX2..).

It's important to remember that MAX is NOT FUSION2. They do not have the same hardware and only share the ability to record in 360. Otherwise, they are two entirely different cameras.

I'm not saying that MAX is incapable of 360 video at 60fps. Considering that MAX can do 1080p/60fps it certainly seems like 3K/60fps 360 should be possible. Personally, I think it would be wise of GoPro to implement it. If nothing else, I think it would help fend off the newer competition coming out.

I own Fusion as well as MAX and honestly 3K/60fps is not something I ever really used. I suspect GoPro noticed that not many other people did as well. However, spec sheets are important, so adding it would be a good idea. Perhaps the plan is to release it a little down the road so that people aren't initially releasing videos with the lower resolution 360.

The best way to voice your request is to leave feedback. If you would like to leave feedback, you can do so here https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
Highlighted
Hiker

it's a 2019 product...i can't immagine the most recent hardware it's not able to provide 50/60fps ..

I hope that all the shortcomings will be filled in the next update

i love Max, i use it a lot..but programmers should work better and update the fiwmare more often

Highlighted
Explorer

I love the MAX too, and certainly would welcome new features being added to the camera, but I also don't have any expectations. The MAX does what is advertised (on the website, video promotions, on the box, and in the manual). 360 video is still relatively new and MAX does an excellent job. Saying it's a 2019 product actually gives more reason for it not having 60/50fps in 360 than having it. IN a couple of years I'm sure it will be the norm, but right now 360 cameras are still relatively new technology.