Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: MASSIVE BILLING PROBLEMS - DONT BUY ON GOPRO'S WEBSITE IF YOU CAN HELP IT

danielr15 definitely seems someone iassociated with GoPro company. The way he is providing justifications and supporting GoPro clearly matches with the reponses that I got when I was chatting with GoPro support team on my issue. Anyways, whether danielr15 being a GoPro employee or not is not my concern. My concern is regarding GoPro cheating their subscribers by not fixing the issue but continue to charge them subscription fees. They have also removed the option to buy products over phone. The only way to buy accessories from goPro is now thru online.

Based on google results, I see that I am not the only one who is facing this issue. People across the globe are facing the issue. Mine started in May 2019 and is not yet resolved. Which clearly tells that either GoPro has an incompetent or non existent technical team who cannot fix a technical error on their website even after 4 months, or GoPro themselves are playing a dirty bait and switch game here, for recouping part of the money by charging customers for the discount they offered thru their subscription program and suspending the sales. Or the issue could be so widespread that the GoPro team cannot address even after 4 months. What ever it is.. this isn't what I was expecting from GoPro.  Now I will look for other alternatives in future instead of GoPro camera. How can I trust this company when it comes to their warranty support, if they cannot fix a simple issue on their website even after 4 months....

Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro phone support is just sad, have no authority to do anything, suggesting to buy elswhere, yeah how about i take my business to DJI, gopro stock is tanking , its clear why, when you have employee taking on customers on their own board and being an ass. So childish he wont stop bull**bleep**ting
Highlighted
Explorer

Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

1) I sound like a GoPro employee?
LOL, GoPro employees are some of the most positive and upbeat people I've ever dealt with. Yes, I may (or may not) being saying things they won't (or can't), but I certainly don't sound like a GoPro rep. Pretty sure I never told anyone to, "stay stoked!"😂

2) It's all a bait and switch.
Yes, I think you've figured it out. GoPro all started on a dream Nick had while surfing in Australia. "I'll make a worldwide brand selling Action cameras and then after years of business I'll offer a cheap membership with the promise of discounted accessories, camera replacements, and cloud service. Although this will only represent a small fraction of the company income, I'll block the highest revenue channel by making the online store unaccessible! Muh Ha Ha!" 😂😆
Yes, the old classic bait and switch to make LESS money.

3) GoPro has planted an obnoxious employee in the member to member support community to, "take on customers".
Yeah, again, you've clearly figured it out. This whole action camera thing is all just an elaborate scheme to create a member to member support community for a cathartic outlet for one person (me) to be able to point out your ridiculous claims.

4) I'm the one being childish and "bull **beep**ting".
The day you stop throwing temper tantrums, insults, and profanity will be the day you can stands on that high ground. Until then, try a deep breath and a look in the mirror.

Anyway, best of luck to you both. Again, as I've said in the past, sorry to hear you're having issues. Hope you get it worked out.
Highlighted
Explorer

OK, so I started a chat with a GoPro rep and apparently it is true that they are no longer taking phone orders. While these appear to be isolated individual issues, I was incorrect when I suggested placing the orders by phone. You should continue to work with GoPro to rectify the issue. You can always reach out to them via chat or call here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As far as my other comments, I stand by them :)
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, same problem!!!

Saturday 19 October I buy the gopro hero 8 and the new battery with his charger using the bonus code you gave it to me during the chat; my bank authorize the transaction but something goes wrong in step 3 after the payment (confirmation page) and I have not receive any mail or something. When I try to search for my order, I receive “No Orders Found”. I cannot tell you my order number because I don't receive any mail. What can i do? I’m Matteo Peroni, my email is: matteo.peroni89@gmail.com and my postal code is 25125 (Brescia) - Italy. Do you need some other informations like address or telephone number? Please tell me what to do because I'm spending a terrible weekend thinking about this bad transaction.

Matteo

Highlighted
Tourist

OP. Yup my preorder was processed by ModusLink BV.
I suspect they are the ones who are to blame. I hope GoPro change payment systems after this debacle, I doubt it.
Highlighted
Tourist

more likely gopro will blame you

Highlighted
Tourist

CASE #07126689

See Chat person who I sent this link to, I told you and the previous 8 other chat persons I have had to chat with on a daily bases now THAT YOUR WEBSITE is the issue,  it is not on my end. 

Why is it so difficult to buy the camera, you're tech company, you should not be having this problems, much less having this problems going on for a year now.