Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Lost whole footage on GP7 battery

please work harder on the stability!!

that extremely annoying, to be continuously in aware of some sh*t going to happen....just ruining all mood

when i came home and try again it works nice, atleast for few second video

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Lost whole footage on GP7 battery

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @vitalalp372. We try to help out as best as we can. Could you please tell us more about the issue with your HERO8 Black (labeled on your post)? Are you using an old (HERO7 Black) battery for your HERO8 camera?

Highlighted
Tourist

>Are you using an old (HERO7 Black) battery for your HERO8 camera?

exactly

it was the very first time when i used old battery, right after default one, after that i tryied again, but it works fine.

next time i'll try to test new->old again

maybe it was overheat issue, i was on motorcycle, but speed was low for a few minutes, so i can't hold camera w/o gloves (2.7k/60) 

don't look at the stagnating blue CPU company, it's a bad example, AMD already have 7nm process, think about it.

Highlighted
GoPro

@vitalalp372, there are several factors that can cause an overheating issue. The new battery / updated battery (with blue cap) supports the increased performance modes of 1080/240 and 2.7/120 with HyperSmooth enabled on HERO8 Black. 

Also, when using 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm, but not too hot, and use more power when using these modes. Lack of airflow around the camera and using the camera with the GoPro App can also increase camera temperature and power consumption, and decrease camera recording time. 

Additionally, did you have the camera connected to a power source while recording?