Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Lost karma and gopro 5

I had both given to me as a gift the person who gave me both doesn't have the reciept and has no ability to recall where he purchased it. (He has had some issues with substance abuse and its effected him), unfortunately my go Karma had a malfunction of some sort and lost gps and didn't land near my location when I attempted to locate it after over a week of getting my flight pattern (two days later than they said they would) unfortunatly the drone and camera isn't there. At this point I'm out over $1000 plus I have all of my GoPro equipment which I don't have any use for.

My issue is obviously they know it's mine I made the complaint I have a flight pattern and I have used my GoPro(s) for some time I have the serial numbers.

Why can't they verify their not stolen and replace what has seemed to be a issue with the karma and make me whole again?

Honestly if the information was available sooner (a week and 2 days is too long) I may have found it. It's not normal that people give gifts and give you the receipt or keep receipts past the initial warrantee. We are over a year with the camera and drone who saves the receipt?
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Lost karma and gopro 5

Btw it's the hero 5 black
Highlighted
Adventurer

love to help but not sure what I read?

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm sorry to hear you lost your drone, but losing GPS is not reason to replace a drone and is not necessarily a malfunction of the drone. All drones lose GPS. You uploaded the flight logs and it sounds that GoPro analyzed them and found no defect in the drone performance.

Reporting a loss and uploading flight logs does not prove ownership; however, you are also stating that it's over a year with the camera (not possible with the drone) which would take you out of warranty.