Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Looping not working over 5 minutes

I have a hero 4 silver. I have it set to loop 60 minutes on 2.7k at 30 fps. After recording for 30 minutes I stop the video. When I check the memory card,only the first 5 minutes is there. I understand chattering but only one chapter was made. Everything else is gone.

I am using a 64 gb extreme pro sd card that is completely empty.

Any suggestions?
Tourist

Re: Looping not working over 5 minutes

I have similar issue with the Hero 5 Black. I set the video to 5min interval looping at 1080p 60fps and started recording. After an hour, I pressed the red button to stop recording and checked the camera, only a few random 1:00 videos appears. The camera did get quite hot. I checked again with normal video recording at 1080p 60fps and it worked fine, a 60min video nicely appeared in the gallery.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Looping not working over 5 minutes

I'm not too worried about the camera getting hot. When I am using this function I am usually riding my motorcycle and the camera is attached to the helmet. With this it should have plenty of airflow to cool off. I am not even getting intermittent videos. Just the first 5 minutes then nothing.