Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Looping bug: Videos are wrongly displayed in Media on device (only shows one chapter of multiple)

[ New ]

Hi,

i guess this is a bug report. The device UI is not showing the recorded looping video in Media correctly.

GoPro Hero 7 Black. Recently updated to Version 1.9. Issue since the udpate.

Reproduction:

1. I select loop mode (5min 1080p60 wide) and start the recording

2. wait 5min+ (e.g. 10min) and hit the record button again to get the last 5mins

3. Go to media and would expect either a 5min video or 5x 1min videos (chaptering)

4. Only one video is shown (says 1min length)

5. If played, the progress bar only covers 1min, but actually plays 5min once the 1min is over

Overall the recording seems to be there. The chapters can also be imported via GoPro Quick.

Seems to me like a UI bug on the Hero 7 Black.

Another user has made a video on the issue (just found it)

Note:

• I know what chaptering is
  • I have one of the recommended SD-Cards (formatting does not change anything). The videos are obviously on there anyway.
  • Does not matter if batter is in there or if it is simply powered via USB
  • Can be reproduced 100% of the time

Please fix.

GoPro

Re: Looping bug: Videos are wrongly displayed in Media on device (only shows one chapter of multi...

[ New ]

Hi @jürgeng320

You can only view the last chapter on the camera.

The rest of the chapters can be viewed using an SD card adapter/reader or when you plug the camera to a computer.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Looping bug: Videos are wrongly displayed in Media on device (only shows one chapter of multi...

[ New ]

@aragon1006 nope sorry, that is not the case.

It should be 5min of contents (in 1min junks or 5min in total, whatever), but it just shows as a one minute clip. 

In Media it only shows the first 1min. If i play the video and go to 59sec and play further it actually goes to the 2nd 1min section. But it is not visible or selectable in Media. 

Please take this seriously and test it if you like. Also look at the video of the other user.

It is a bug. Has not been like this before FW 1.9

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jürgeng320

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I did a couple of more tests and see that the FIRST chapter is the one viewable on the camera. 

The rest of the chapters should be accessible via the GoPro app or on a computer by using an SD card adapter.

Thanks

Ej