Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Locking Exposure Control for diving

Hi,

I was trying to use the Hero 5 black for underwater photos and videos during diving. Under brighter light conditions there were no problems with filming and photos, but on deeper dives and especially in the night with the help of external light, it wasn't possible to make unblurred photos.
For my opinion the reason for that was the metering, because the software uses the whole image for caluclating.
So I tried to change to spot measurement and to use that setting for unterwater use. And here comes the problem, the camera resets the settings after restart and under water I can't change the settings easily.

My question is, is there a possibility to lock the settings, so that you can use also the camera underwater with divehousings? Because setting the camera, let the camerea turned on during prepearing your dive and so on isn't the best way for saving batterypower. Or is there still something progamed in that way?

Thank you in advance.

Bernhard

Tourist

Re: Locking Exposure Control for diving

I have this same question/need... 

My situation is to lock the exposure on a part of the frame so it properly exposes out the windshield of a car and not the area inside the car. I can't reach the camera and would prefer to turn it on when it is needed but at present this is not possible because I have to lock the exposure before using it.