Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Livestreaming comments on the HERO7 Black

The following are items we noted in our initial test and have relayed to our customers via social media.  But I thought I would post them here as well in effort to get some traction for resolution.  We help our cutomers mount the GoPro to the fence to record baseball and softball games.  In the last couple of years, they have been begging for live streaming options.  We were hoping the 7 was going to be the best of both worlds (streaming and recording).  But these issues below must be addressed before we can make that recommendation:

Recapping our initial comments on the streaming portion of the GoPro HERO7 Black test:
1.) Does not correct for upside down camera.
2.) No ability to set FOV for the stream for the final HD local copy.
2a.) No ability to set the desired resolution for the final HD local copy.
3.) Must connect camera to WiFi, and cannot be the same device that you control the GoPro via the app. (Phone data plan not usable without hotspot; cannot connect GoPro to app phone with hotspot on).
4.) Only native support for FaceBook Live, but will not work (natively) with FaceBook Groups. RTMP available, but clunky. Also does not remember the RTMP address after the stream closes.
5.) Zoom not available (which makes sense with out FOV adjustment)

More comments to come...

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Livestreaming comments on the HERO7 Black

We'll take note of those @lynkspyder,

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi @lynkspyder

Yout third point is wrong. As weird as it sounds, you really can connect to the same device which runs the GoPro app by using WiFi Hotspot . Here's how to do it:

Highlighted
Tourist

I can't connect with the same device I'm using with my Go Pro, only via Wifi. I was trying all day.

I would like to know if its possible to add a logo when Im streaming on facebook and use a external mic.

Thank you.

IMG_1727.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@jmgranaAccording to your screenshot, seems like your Bluetooth is off. Turn your phones Bluetooth on and try again.

Highlighted
Tourist

My bluetooth is on, I can connect only wifi for streaming.

Highlighted
Tourist

@mika7171 My bluetooth is on, I can connect only wifi for streaming.