Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Livestream from 1 phone

I’m trying to livestream from my hero 7 black. But it appears as though I cannot live stream from the same phone and camera set up that I’m using to control the GoPro. I’m in an area where Wi-Fi is not available, only the hotspot on the same phone that is controlling the go Pro. This is probably impossible I’m guessing because you cannot be connected to wireless networks at one time as far as I know, and it requires a Wi-Fi connection to control the camera itself from the singular phone. Maybe there something I’m missing here. My phone is an iPhone ex S max.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Livestream from 1 phone

gonna try to help

https://youtu.be/YsWVyoS18Wo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Adventurer

https://youtu.be/Vppu0aTjAUU

Sorry here lets try again

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for the response. My issue is that after it says that it is starting a preview once I try to connect to my hotspot, it says that it cannot join the network. I believe this has something to do with trying to have two active Wi-Fi connections at the same time. No matter what combination I try or restarting applications etc. will work. It seems as though I need a third device to either provide a hotspot or another device to control the camera and leave my phone idle as the hotspot.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Understood:   my question is you got 1k or more subs  to sub for youtube? and Facebook you should be fine just need  time  as long as you're not days old on it.     You can  stream  the wireless network??? yes  but like said not Hotspot.

I personally think gopro app switches over   I  do not have Hotspot so I can not  answer that and I at least given a shot.  Maybe give a gopro rep a call se ewahtthey can come up with.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I’m not using it in conjunction with YouTube, just Facebook. I may call GoPro Monday and see what’s up. Or use an iPad as a remote and use my phone for hotspot only.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I actually spoke with GoPro on the phone yesterday for about an hour. Apparently there is an issue with the GoPro app on my iPhone XS max and their current firmware version on the go pro seven black. They are supposed to get back to me in 48 hours to let me know if they are going to make an update. They actually used my same phone with the same firmware and the same camera with the same firmware to verify. So it turns out I’m not crazy ha ha. Thank you.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same situation with huawei p30 lite. Please bring update as soon as possible!
Livestream for youtube und facebook is not working!