Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Livestream and recording out of sync and also stabilizer only works when recording.

[ New ]

I'm connected to a LiveU Solo encoder doing a livestream with the GoPro Hero 9. I have Linear mode with horizon leveling enabled. 

The stream is a bit bouncy from left to right. I have hypersmooth on, but not on Boost. 

When I hit record to also save the video just in case my stream breaks up I notice a couple things: 

• When I hit record the stabilization improves. The livestream is much more smooth. It's instant. Why is the stabilization not that good when simply livestreaming. 
  • When I hit record the audio is goes out of sync. My mouth does not match up with the video instantly after enabling the recording. It's also out of sync on the recording while I'm livestreaming and recording at the same time. 

These are very frustrating problems for livestreamers. Is there something I need to adjust to fix this? I'm on the latest firmware for GoPro. 

Hiker

Re: Livestream and recording out of sync and also stabilizer only works when recording.

[ New ]

Attached shows how off the audio is. 00:00:07

audioSync.jpg
Hiker

Re: Livestream and recording out of sync and also stabilizer only works when recording.

[ New ]

Will this be fixed? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

tumbleweed.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @thinkingallowed

What version is the camera on?

Have you tried changing the streaming settings?

Check out Best Ways to Achieve Video Out Signal via HDMI

Do you observe the same when using the camera with the GoPro Webcam app?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello EJ, I appreciate the response. 

Everything you linked me to is not valid to the issues I'm having. I'm getting a signal on HDMI and there are no settings that make a difference to the audio sync or stabilization that I could find. 

When I'm livestreaming I have to hit record to get the GoPro 9 Hero Black to activate any stabilization features beyond Horizon Leveling. Horizon Leveling will work without record on, but that's it. Hypersmooth does not work while livestreaming and not recording. 

For instance when I did a stream yesterday I hit record when I started so my stream was smooth. Then when I had to talk to the audience and be on camera I hit stop on the record button so my mouth would not be so out of sync. But I have to be stationary or it will be very shaky. 

Software version of the camera: 

HERO9 Black update v1.52 | February 25, 2021

I did early streams with the GoPro app and my GoPro and I observed that the stabilization WAS working fine with the livestream. And the sync was fine. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Any possibility of getting this fixed? 

Hiker

[ New ]

*UPDATE*

I have 100% narrowed this down to the following. 

1. Stabilization doesn't work when livestreaming on HDMI - Which causes you to use Recording to stabilize. Fix stabilization and that will remove the need to record while livestreaming. (using the app is not good because we can't use our bonder)

2. Audio and Video get out of sync when you turn on HYPERSMOOTH while livestreaming over HDMI and recording to use the stabilization. See #1. While Hypersmooth is off and you are recording there is 0 Delay or sync issues, but then you lose all the stabilization. 

So I'm just about to give up on GoPro and buy the same stupid looking white Sony AS300 that every streamer on the planet uses because GoPro doesn't care about LiveStreamers. It's very upsetting. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Just ordered a Sony HDR-AS300. I'll be using that I guess because GoPro can't improve their livestreaming product.