Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Live streaming is not working on GoPro Hero 7 Black

[ New ]

Hi @djlotus

What error message are you getting? Would you be able to share a screenshot?

Can you also help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same issues aswell, despite this being raised back in 2019, it would appear that GoPro don't really care, about resloving this issue.......................given that they have our money already.

Can anyone recommend and another camera that acutally supports live streaming via RTMP

Hiker

[ New ]

Habe auch mal versucht über RTMP zu streamen zusammen mit Mona-Server und VLC-Player. Klappte alles, bis ich versuchte den VLC zu verbinden. Im selben Moment brach die WLAN-Verbindung zusammen. Dann habe ich OBS installiert mit Option VLC-Source mit der gleichen URL wie auch davor in VLC und siehe da, die Verbindung war jetzt stabil.

Tourist

[ New ]

Im getting the same error as shown in the second screenshot of @victorv3361 post on page 2.

I'm using a gopro hero 7 version 01.90 / gopro app version 7.3.2 (10024) / Android version 10 build QP1A.190711.020.N975USQS5DTL1 / Note 10 Plus.

It has to be said: 2 weeks for a response in a support forum is just awful. The lack of engadgement speaks volumes about GoPro's attitude towards customer service.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

This has been reported to the team.

We'll post back for updates.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Hello there, any news on this issue?

I confirm this bug, i have tested with GP apps on Android, iPhone and iPad and GoPro Hero 7 does NOT stream at all.

No matte what service or method we chose, it will show "Something went wrong"...

This is a killer bug that makes the camera useless online :(

When will this be fixed ?
Thank you
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ubotter

What version is the camera on?

Do you also have the latest app version?

See if changing the camera's Wi-Fi Band will help. Check out Connectivity Issues: 5GHz vs. 2.4GHz

I have just tested this with a Huawei P30 and was able to live stream to Facebook.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
GoPro Hero 7 Black Latest version
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
iPhone SE2 2020

I have tested ALL possible scenarios, i reset the connextion and changed from 2.4 to 5Ghz and vice versa... and unfortunately nothing.

I cannot stream to any service, the camera just doesnt work to stream :(